One of the ancient villages in the land of singing fish with rich traditions and cultures. Located around 6 km south of Batticaloa town on the Batticaloa – Kalmunai main road neighboring popular Kattankudy town.
The current land mark of the village is the several "Statues" (bronzes) of great personalities including ancient Kings, Queens and Community leaders, constructed on the middle of the road in a long line. Some people refer Arayampathy as "village of statues" for this reason.
There are several natural and man-made attractions one would find in this village:
- The 7 Bronzes
- Arayampathy beach
- Hindu temples (49 temples), Mosques (17 mosques) and Churches (11) of historical importance. The Annual festivals of Sri Kandasamy kovil, Hannahi Amman kovil, and Fatima Church are very popular events.
- Several water bodies (lakes, tanks and lagoon)
- The Manmunai bridge and the lagoon
- Children park and cultural hall
- Indoor Badminton Court
- Aramyampathy Vegetable Market (this is famous for traditional country vegetables at a cheaper prize)