Pottuvil Lagoon is located 4 km from Arugam Bay with a view of Whiskey Point and Pottuvil Point. Over 200 acres in size and inside the lagoon is a small, beautiful island. The lagoon is surrounded by mangrove forests that are home to an abundance of wildlife. During the two-hour canoe tour through Pottuvil Lagoon you will experience the serenity and beauty of a mangrove ecosystem which includes:
- Marine life such as fish, prawns, crabs and others
- Birds such a sea eagles, kingfishers, pelicans, herons, Jacana, common coots, and darters.
- In the trees you can see both varieties of Sri Lankan monkeys
- Elephants live on the small island or in the jungle
- Crocodiles on the shore or in the mangrove tree roots
- Water monitors