Thompukandam Village Resort is nestled in the eastern province of Sri Lanka. Thompukandam Village Resort is located in a village known as Nintavur. The closest main town to Nintavur is Kalmunai. The resort is situated between the two famous surf points in the world, which is Passykuda and Arugambay., is an ideal hideout to get away from all the hustle and bustle of everyday life! This unique spot situated midway between Arugambay and Passikuda some of the world's most famous beaches.The main attraction which surrounds the resort, are the lush green paddy fields and waterways.You can take a boat cruise along the stream that flows in front of the resort, which meets the sea on the golden sandy beach. Take a dip in the pool to cool yourself down and enjoy the serenity of the surroundings.Take in the eco-friendly ambiance of Thompukandam Village Resort whilst birds sing their songs of delight to welcome the dawn of a new day. Thompukandam Village Resort, is just the right place for you to enjoy your dream holiday in luxury.
Lodging Style and Amenities
The hotel has 6 deluxe rooms and 4 suites which overlook a wide range of lush green paddy fields and a stream which flow in front of the rooms. The soothing deco and comfortable beds will make your stay a more relaxing and enjoyable one. If you are a bookworm or an author, then our rooms are the best place for you to satisfy your interest.
The 4 suite rooms are ideally designed with large beds, a seating area, large toilet with a bathtub and shower area. The suite room has its own double height common seating area.
All rooms are fully equipped with A/C, satellite television, WI-FI, hot & cold water, mini fridge and tea & coffee facilities.
The Resort has a fully equipped air conditioned conference hall with seating facilities for 100 people theater style. It also serves as a fine dining restaurant on special request.
The Restaurant serves a wide range of cuisine to tantalizing your taste buds and could seat up to 100 pax. The Restaurant also has its own show cooking area and prepares a variety of dishes to satisfy your choice.
- 100Guest for Banquets
- 4 Suite Rooms
- 6 Deluxe Rooms
- 1 Pool with a kid's pool
Breakfast Style ServedContinental Breakfast
Additional Services and Amentities Available
- An ideal base if visiting Arugam Bay, Passekuda or to visit the Lahugala National Ppark where you can go on safari and experience elephants in the wild.
- Only a few minutes travel away from the resort you can also experience the sunrise and sunset by the coastline as well as see traditional fishing practice of the eastern coast.
- Thompukandam is also a convenient location for visiting the eastern province to reach Akkarapaththu and Batticoloa .
- For business work and events it is a perfect location with very good conference and banquette facilities.
- Boat rides, bicycle rides, bird watching, bullock cart rides, and open air farmers restaurant are some of the activities the resort has to offer. A visit to a bio energy power plant which is our sister company, will make your vacation to Thompukandam Village Resort a memorable and educational tour of this part of our country.
Rate RangeAC S SLR 104000.00 - 18200.00 - AC D Rooms - SLR 13000.00 - SLR 20900.00
- There are several ways to approach the resort. You could drive through Kandy, Mahiyangana and go to Amparai, from there you drive on the Kalmunai road and turn off from the karathivu junction which leads to Nintavur. This journey would take approximately 3 ½ to 4 hours from Kandy. Or you could take the Polonaruwa Batticalowa road and drive through Kalmunai. This would take approximately 5 to 6 hours from Dambulla.
Locally or Family-Owned Business Notes
Thompukandam hotel is one of the hotel that falls under hairu hospitality group companies.